DIY: Wood Magnetic Knife Strip
You’ve seen them and thought, “I could do that.” Well, you were right!
– Block of wood approx. 12″x3″x1″
– Neodymium magnets (Do It Best sells one that would work well)
– A router (we carry several in store if you need one)
– A non-soluble adhesive (such as Gorilla Glue)
– Oil, stain or varnish (I like the natural finish of Tung Oil, or clear Salad Bowl finish for food-safeness)
We found this tutorial to be pretty straightforward: http://removeandreplace.com/2013/10/21/make-diy-wooden-magnetic-knife-holder/
But Instructables has one for a multiple wood scraps: http://www.instructables.com/id/Rainbow-Wood-Magnetic-Knife-Strip
If you get stuck, drop by the store for supplies and advice. Our helpful staff love any excuse to talk shop!
Comments are closed